Welcome to 8th Grade Language Arts!
I hope you had a fun and relaxing summer! I am very excited to be a part of your learning journey this school year. This year we will be learning how to think critically about our reading, explore various writing techniques and evaluate, question and explore the world around us! This year I want to you grow as a learner, reader & writer. I want to you be excited to learn each day by examining topics you are interested in, and challenge your thinking by collaborating with your peers! We will be diving into units that will allow us to explore identity, evaulate social issues and craft arguments of depth, meaning, and personal interest. So sit back, relax, and get ready to learn!
Ms. Mihalik's Teaching Philosophies:
- I am a teacher who brings my passion for learning to my students to allow them to appreciate their work and become accountable for what they do in my classroom.
- I hope to guide students through the challenges of responsibility and independence that is found in middle school.
- I plan to give students the tools he/she needs to thrive in school as a curious, enthusiastic, collaborative and thoughful learner.
- The class as a whole is a team. We will work together to find solutions, we will share our writing and be respectful and active listeners.
- Lessons will allow students to collaborate and discuss curriculum topics on a daily basis with their peers and myslef to prepare them for the world beyond Team 8.
In Our Class..
- Be creative & engaged in your learning
- Ask questions, ask for help, evaluate your thinking
- Come prepared and energized to learn
- Respect yourself, your classmates & your school
Arrive Ready to Learn:
- Your Chromebook
- Notebook (if you prefer handwriting)
- Pen or pencil (I prefer pen)
- Independent reading book