1. Crisscross the laces to make a big X.
2. Tuck one lace underneath and pull it through. Pull both laces tight to the shoe.
3. Make a loop or bunny ear out of one lace.
4. While holding the bunny ear with one hand, wrap the other lace around the bunny ear and then push the middle part of the lace through the hole under the bunny ear.
5. Let go of the first bunny ear and grab the second one then pick up one bunny ear in each hand and hold them between each thumb and index finger, and pull them tight.
6. Adjust the bunny ears so they are about the same size.
As the old saying goes practice makes perfect. So be sure to allow time for patient practice and encouragement with your child.
To learn more, visit us on the Web at parenting.about.com. Taken from: http://video.about.com/childparenting/Teach-Kids-to-Tie-Shoes.htm
Below are some different videos to choose from. Take a look and show them at home.
Break the shoe tying into the following steps: