Wyckoff Township Public SchoolsRichard D. Kuder, Superintendent of Schools241 Morse AvenueWyckoff, New Jersey 07481-4998September, 2013Dear Parents:
Use of the internet for instructional purposes by students and staff member is common place in the Wyckoff Public Schools. The goal in providing this service to students and teachers is to promote educational excellence in schools by facilitating access to resources, promoting innovative instruction, and increasing collaborative communication.
Along with access to computers and people all over the world comes the availability of material that may not be considered of educational value in a school setting. The Board requires school administrators and teachers to take precautions to restrict access to controversial materials by educating students about their responsibility to use the internet appropriately.
Student use of the district’s internet connection is a privilege, not a right. Inappropriate use will result in suspension or revocation of those privileges.
Students are expected to abide by the generally accepted rules of internet etiquette. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Be polite. Do not become abusive in your messages to others.
• Use appropriate language. Do not swear, use vulgarities or any other inappropriate language. Illegal activities are strictly forbidden.
• Do not reveal your personal address or phone number.
• Only access acceptable internet sites.
• Note that electronic mail (e-mail) is not guaranteed to be private. People who operate the system do have access to all mail. Messages relating to or in support of illegal activities may be reported to the authorities.
• All communications and information accessible via the internet should not be assumed to be private property.
A complete version of Policy and Regulation #2361, "Acceptable Use of Computer Network/Computers and resources" can be found by clicking the links below. Please carefully review the Policy and Regulation, sign the Acceptable Use Agreement and Web Information Consent Form (please click the link below) and submit the completed signed form to your child(ren)'s school office. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Richard D. Kuder
Superintendent of Schools
Please click the link below for a copy of the Acceptable Use Agreement and Web Information Consent Form.